To have your website live and served from our global Content Delivery Network (CDN) in seconds:
This section will help you build a basic Youappz site from ground up. If you already have an existing project and would like to keep documentation inside the project, start from Step 3.
Step 1: Install the @youappz/cli from npm:
If you have docker installed, you can create an alias that will run the docker image:
yarn global add @youappz/cli export PATH="$PATH:$(yarn global bin)"
yarn global add doesn't install binaries properly refer https://github.com/yarnpkg/yarn/issues/648
npm install @youappz/cli -g
touch ~/.appz.yml alias appz='docker run --rm -it --volume "$PWD:/app/src" --volume "$HOME/.appz.yml:/home/appz/.appz.yml" -e WWWUSER=$UID --name appz youappz/cli appz'
- Step 2: Create an Youappz account:
- Step 3: Deploy your first website
mkdir youappz-test-website cd youappz-test-website echo "<html>First Youappz Website</html>" > index.html appz create -n your-site-name appz deploy
In less than 30 seconds your website will be deployed to an https URL on our global CDN.
Or use a Quick Start
You can also create a new site using a packaged quick start for Jekyll, Hugo, or plain HTML5 sites. Below are some examples you can try or browse the Youappz Quick Start gallery for something that catches your eye.
appz create --quick-start jekyll/agency appz create --quick-start hugo/creative-portfolio appz create --quick-start html5/sb-business-casual
- Explore how to use plugins to create a custom 404 page, turn on basic auth, configure redirects, and much more. Learn more →
- If you are using a CI service, find out how to configure your automated build to deploy to Youappz with each git push. Learn more →
- Upgrade to the Pro plan for increased data transfer limits and a custom domain + matching SSL cert. Learn more →